Benefits of Buying a Home in Fountain Hills
Fountain Hills homes are in some of the most desirable neighborhoods in the metropolitan Phoenix area. Between the premiere golf communities to the large lots with renovated backyards, the city of Fountain Hills has it all. Its nearness to the other cities in the Valley, yet seclusion from many neighborhoods provide the residents of Fountain Hills with an elite lifestyle, full of art and design galleries, luxury restaurants, and great schools, much like its neighbor city, Scottsdale. Now for some need-to-know facts from our Century 21 Northwest realty team about buying a home in Fountain Hills…
Buying a Home in Fountain Hills & Area Statistics
- About 565 homes were sold in Fountain Hills so far this year (2014).
- The average home value index is $348,000, with the median list price at $369,900 and the median sale price around $305,000, which is a little higher than sales in the past few years.
- About 58% of the neighborhoods are filled with single families (which, in part, explains the great school systems). The other 42% live in condos and apartments.
- The main kinds of people who live in Fountain Hills are high income families and power singles/couples. However, there are a growing number of families with kids moving to Fountain Hills!
- The mortgage rate for most of Arizona is about 4.4% (extremely close to the national average).
- The commute time is around 20-30 minutes, a little higher than the rest of metro Phoenix.
After the late market crash, the Arizona home market has been on the rise. Buying a home in Scottsdale has become an extremely lucrative investment, for both large families and single people! At around 4.00% in the summer of 2014, the mortgage rate in Arizona is very close to the national rate of 3.98%, which makes now the right time to seriously consider buying a home in Fountain Hills.
Buying a Home in Fountain Hills & Excellent Schools
Let’s talk schools. As more and more families with children move to Fountain Hills, the city’s education system has blown up. Whether your kids are blossoming academics or rugged athletes, Fountain Hills schools have been on the rise for years. Public high schools like Fountain Hills High School dominate the academic and athletic scenes, while charter schools like Fountain Hills Charter School produce graduates with some rather impressive test scores.
Buying a Home in Fountain Hills & Neighborhood Perks
We find that two of the reasons why buyers have always looked at Fountain Hills are its views and historic art culture. Hot-spots in Fountain Hills draw people from all around the Valley. Cultural experiences like the events of Fountain Hills Park, Fort McDowell Adventures, nearby Saguaro Lake are some of the many perks of the area! Many people go to Old Town Scottsdale or North to Cave Creek for a wild nightlife and club scene, however the unique, ‘Wild West’ restaurants and bars in Fountain Hills are excellent for a fun night out.
There is an undeniable charm to the exclusivity and solidarity of the city buried in the hills. However, the nearness Scottsdale and Phoenix mean that you don’t have to sacrifice utility for luxury. Plus, the nearby resorts and golf courses mean that you can take your family on a lovely ‘staycation’ whenever you want!
Thinking of Buying a Home in Fountain Hills AZ?
When buying a home in Fountain Hills, our C21 team recommends looking for deals in the Firerock and Eagle Mountain neighborhoods. There are a mostly single-family homes in these areas, although be prepared to make a significant real estate investment. Century 21 Northwest agents are standing by to answer any questions! Give us a call today and let’s get started buying your home! 623.299.2148
To see a list of all the listings for buying a home in Fountain Hills, click here.