Benefits of Buying a Home in Mesa
Mesa homes are in some of the up and coming neighborhoods in the metropolitan Phoenix area. Between the brand new homes on golf courses to the large lots with renovated backyards, the city of Mesa has it all. Its nearness to the other cities in the Valley, yet seclusion from many neighborhoods provide the residents of Mesa with a ‘small town’ community full of places to eat and shop (not to mention, a huge number of schools). Now for some need-to-know facts from our Century 21 Northwest realty team about buying a home in Mesa…
Buying a Home in Mesa is an Investment
- About 6325 homes were sold in Mesa so far this year (2014).
- The average home value index is $178,000, with the median list price at $209,000 and the median sale price around $185,000, which is almost 2% higher than sales in the past few years.
- About 70% of the neighborhoods are filled with single families. The other 30% live in condos and apartments.
- The main kinds of people who live in Mesa are moderate income families, veterans, and seniors over the age of 60.
- The mortgage rate for the area is about 4% (extremely close to the national average).
- The market value is set to increase by about 3.8% in the next year!
After the late market crash, the Arizona home market has been on the rise. It is a Buyer’s Market in Mesa this year! Buying a home in Mesa has become an extremely lucrative investment, for both large families and single people! At around 4.00% in the summer of 2014, the mortgage rate in Arizona is very close to the national rate of 3.98%, which makes now the right time to consider buying a home.
Buying a Home in Mesa and Excellent Schools
Let’s talk schools. Whether your kids are blossoming academics or rugged athletes, Mesa offers some of the best primary and secondary educational facilities in the state. High schools like Red Mountain High School and Dobson High School dominate the athletic scene, while charter and private schools like the ASU Preparatory Academy- Polytechnic High School and Franklin Elementary School produce graduates with some of the highest test scores in the country.
Buying a Home in Mesa Neighborhood Perks
We find that one of the reasons buyers look at Mesa is the affordability of new homes and family-oriented neighborhoods. The value and popularity of Mesa homes has been increasing for many years as the southern city expands. There are many attractions for the whole family in this large city, from Golfland Sunsplash to the Mesa Arts Center. There are many incredible job opportunities, such as Banner Health Systems and Boeing, as well as nearly 200 schools from private preschools to football champion high schools. There are a some great local hot spots to explore (from Golfland Sunsplash to the Mesa Arts Center). Mesa is rich in Native American and geographical history. It is worth a visit out to the Saguaro Lake or Apache Trails!
Thinking About Buying a Home in Mesa AZ?
When buying a home in Mesa, our C21 team recommends looking for deals in the Fountain of the Sun, Red Mountain Ranch, and Arizona Skyline Community neighborhoods. There are a variety of housing options for any budget in these areas. Be sure to explore these locations when you consider buying a home in Mesa. Century 21 Northwest agents are standing by to answer any questions! Give us a call 623.299.2148 today and let’s get started finding your home!
To see a list of all the listings for buying a home in Mesa, click here.
$214,990 : 1367 S Country Club Drive, Unit 1250, Mesa3 beds, 2.50 baths
$235,615 : 1367 S Country Club Drive, Unit 1249, Mesa4 beds, 3.50 baths
$221,295 : 1367 S Country Club Drive, Unit 1082, Mesa3 beds, 2.50 baths
$220,990 : 1367 S Country Club Drive, Unit 1077, Mesa3 beds, 2.50 baths
$215,990 : 1367 S Country Club Drive, Unit 1080, Mesa3 beds, 2.50 baths
See all Homes for Sale in the city of Mesa.
(all data current as of 4/23/2017)
Listing information deemed reliable but not guaranteed. Read full disclaimer.