Benefits of Buying a Home in Sun City
If you are buying a home in Sun City, you are buying an entire lifestyle. Unlike many other Arizona cities, the home values in Sun City do not vary as much and the community is very united. Sun City homes are in some of the up and coming neighborhoods in the metropolitan Phoenix area. Between the brand new homes on golf courses to the large lots with renovated backyards, the city of Sun City has it all. Its nearness to the other cities in the Valley, yet seclusion from many neighborhoods provide the residents of Sun City with a ‘small town’ community full of places to eat and shop (not to mention, great schools).
Buying a Home in Sun City & Market Value
Now for some need-to-know facts from our Century 21 Northwest realty team about buying a home in Sun City…
- About 1,549 homes were sold in Sun City so far this year (2014).
- The average home value index is $118,000, with the median list price at $125,000 and the median sale price around $107,000, which is over 3% lower than sales last year.
- About 60% of the neighborhoods are filled with single family homes. The other 40% live in condominiums.
- The main kinds of people who live in Sun City are moderate income families and retirees.
- The mortgage rate for the area is about 4% (extremely close to the national average).
- The market value is set to increase by about 3.8% in the next year!
After the late market crash, the Arizona home market has been on the rise. It is a Buyer’s Market in Sun City this year! Buying a home in Sun City has become an extremely lucrative investment, for both retirees and families! At around 4.00% in the summer of 2014, the mortgage rate in Arizona is very close to the national rate of 3.98%, which makes now the right time to consider buying a home.
Buying a Home in Sun City & Excellent Schools
Let’s talk schools. There are several options for Sun City’s students from Peoria Traditional School to Zuni Hills Elementary School. Many families send their students to nearby schools in El Mirage and Peoria, both private and public. For more information, check out the Peoria Unified School District, which includes Thompson Ranch Elementary School and Centennial High School, both strong athletic powerhouses.
Buying a Home in Sun City & Neighborhood Perks
We find that one of the reasons buyers look at Sun City is the affordability of new homes and close-knit neighborhoods. As an adult community designed for active retirees, there are so many options for things to do! From the recreation centers to the sprawling golf resorts and spas, such as Sun City Country Club and Willow Creek Golf Course. Check out this page for more information about current events and trips the city has planned!
Thinking of Buying a Home in Sun City?
Snuggled in the Northwest Valley between El Mirage and Peoria, Sun City is mostly a suburban area. There are over one hundred chartered clubs in the community that organize anything from swimming to road trips. Don’t worry, there are plenty of families with children who live in Sun City as well! The city’s nearness to all the amenities of Phoenix and Peoria, yet its privacy and exclusivity make it a smart choice for any buyer. Century 21 Northwest agents are standing by to answer any questions! Give us a call today and let’s get started buying your home! 623.299.2148
To see a list of all the listings for buying a home in Sun City, click here.
- $95,000 : 13232 N 98th Avenue, Unit N, Sun City2 beds, 2.00 baths
- $189,900 : 11026 W Campana Drive, Sun City3 beds, 1.75 baths
- $109,900 : 10833 W Abbott Avenue, Sun City2 beds, 1.75 baths
- $154,900 : 10001 W Caron Drive, Sun City3 beds, 2.00 baths
- $259,900 : 10016 W Kingswood Circle, Sun City2 beds, 2.50 baths
See all Homes for Sale in the city of Sun City.
(all data current as of 3/28/2017)
Listing information deemed reliable but not guaranteed. Read full disclaimer.