Benefits of Buying a Home in Surprise AZ
Surprise, AZ is an oasis located 45 minutes northwest of Downtown Phoenix and offers an irreplaceable sense of community. This camaraderie is abundant in Surprise thanks to the fantastic recreation and work community that permeates through this Arizona city. So many choose Surprise to either buy there first home, that can be very affordable as compared to other cities, or settle down and retire here. The affordable housing market attracts thousands, while the well built homes and great schools make residents fall in love with this charming city. Century 21, specifically the northwest team, is dedicated to helping you find the perfect investment for you and your young, or older, family. Join us as we explore some market statistics below for the City of Surprise.
Buying a Home in Surprise AZ & Area Statistics
- The average home value index is $195,600, with the median list price of about $195k and the median sale price of around $185k. The Surprise market is expected to grow 6.3% within the next year after the market here has already risen 9.3% this year alone.
- With a population of about 118k, Surprise is predominately occupied by married couples with only 21% of households having children. -A majority of Surprise residents commute around 10-20 minutes.
- The median age of Surprise residents is 43-years-old. -The types of residents that live in Surprise are families looking for affordable housing, retirees or those who have served in the armed forces.
Buying a Home in Surprise AZ & Top Area Schools
Although a majority of families in Surprise don’t have children, this does not mean that any expenses were spared when it comes to education and providing younger Surprise residents with the best possible schooling. The Century 21 Northwest Realty team suggests neighborhoods near and so that your home is in close proximity of some these, best, schools in Surprise. Both of these schools scored 8/10 when it came to their Great Schools Rating, and that is very impressive! is another elementary school that scored a nearly perfect 10! Moral of the story, Surprise will provide your children with the best schooling options that will provide an education that will aid them throughout life.
Buying a Home in Surprise AZ & Retirement Options
Many retirees choose Surprise when looking at retirement options and more often that not, Surprise’s is a superior choice when deciding where to settle down. Many prefer Traditions to Sun City for its lush golf courses, surrounding beauty and the security of this guarded gate community. This 55+ adult community began in 1997 and was recently completed in 2013 mixing both contemporary aesthetics and traditional quintessence.
Thinking of Buying a Home in Surprise AZ?
Outdoor and indoor recreation keeps this community active and the residents love the sense of community that glows in this adult community. Moving to this community can offer an experience of a lifetime and many move to this Surprise community for that very reason.
To see a list of all the listings for buying a home in Surprise AZ, click here.
- $159,000 : 17200 W Bell Road, Unit 150, Surprise1 bed, 1.50 baths
- $284,900 : 17864 W Andora Street, Surprise4 beds, 2.50 baths
- $315,000 : 14670 N 142nd Lane, Surprise4 beds, 2.50 baths
- $299,500 : 16777 W Southampton Road, Surprise3 beds, 2.00 baths
- $230,000 : 14751 W Columbine Drive, Surprise4 beds, 2.50 baths
See all Homes for Sale in the city of Surprise.
(all data current as of 3/28/2017)
Listing information deemed reliable but not guaranteed. Read full disclaimer.