Snuggled in the Northwest Valley between Surprise and Peoria, El Mirage is a suburban area. Since 2000, the population has grown over 300%. Its nearness to the other cities in the Valley, yet seclusion from many neighborhoods provide the residents of El Mirage with a ‘small town’ community full of places to eat and shop (not to mention, access to a wide variety of schools).
Here are some quick facts to make renting a home in El Mirage easier:
- About 410 homes were sold in El Mirage so far this year (2014)
- The average home value index is $130,000, with the median list price at $135,000 and the median sale price around $128,000, which is over 7.4% higher than sales last year.
- About 93% of the neighborhoods are filled with single family homes. The other 7% live in apartments or alternative forms of housing.
- The main kinds of people who live in El Mirage are retirees and single-income families.
- The mortgage rate for the area is about 4% (extremely close to the national average).
- The market value is set to increase by about 3.8% in the next year!
Where You Want to Be
We find that one of the reasons renters look at El Mirage is the affordability of new homes and close-knit neighborhoods. A big nearby attraction is the Agua Fria River that feeds into the Lake Pleasant White Tanks Mountain Regional Park. Other close activities include the Challenger Space Center (Peoria) and the Wildlife World Zoo (Surprise). The access to Surprise, Peoria, and Phoenix amenities only increase the value of your home.
When renting a home in El Mirage, our C21 team recommends looking for deals in the Arizona Brisas, Rancho El Mirage, and Parque Verde neighborhoods. There are a variety of housing options for any budget in these areas. Be sure to explore these locations when you consider buying a home in El Mirage. You can have access to the “El Mirage” lifestyle, without spending all of your savings to buy a home!
Process of Elimination
The hardest part about finding a home to rent in El Mirage is eliminating all of the other attractive homes from your list! Finding the perfect home takes time, but our agents are not ones to sit around a wait for the best El Mirage rental listing to come to you. Rather, our process is simple and aggressive. Each C21 agent is available around the clock to create a list of exactly what your are looking for in your El Mirage rental home. Next, we begin to compile lists of ALL available homes on the market right now (not just the ones that are listed with Century 21 Northwest). Our team arranges viewings around your schedule and always pre-approves the home before you even step foot in it. The elimination process is difficult, especially for homes in El Mirage! The most important thing you, as the renter, need to bring to the table is an idea of what you are looking for and, more importantly, what you are not looking for in your future rental home. Our agents will take it from there!
To see a list of all the listings for renting a home in El Mirage, click here.