Snuggled in the Northwest Valley between Surprise and Sun City, Sun City West is mostly a suburban area filled with active adult neighborhoods and family-oriented communities. There are over one hundred chartered clubs in the area that organize anything from swimming to road trips. The city’s nearness to all the amenities of Phoenix and Surprise, yet its privacy and exclusivity make it a smart choice for any renter.
Here are some quick facts to make renting a home in Sun City West easier:
- About 996 homes were sold in Sun City West so far this year (2014).
- The average home value index is $183,000, with the median list price at $189,000 and the median sale price around $168,000, which is almost 3% lower than sales last year.
- About 85% of the neighborhoods are filled with single family homes. The other 15% live in condominiums or alternative housing.
- The main kinds of people who live in Sun City West are moderate income families, veterans, and retirees.
- The mortgage rate for the area is about 4% (extremely close to the national average).
- The market value is set to increase by about 2.6% in the next year!
Where You Want to Be
We find that one of the reasons renters look at Sun City West is the affordability of new homes and close-knit, family-oriented neighborhoods. The intimacy and exclusivity of belonging to one of the first active adult communities in the United States is invaluable. The value and popularity of Sun City West homes has been increasing for many years as the city expands into the ‘place to be’. We recommend checking out a map of Sun City West as you will see how the layout of the neighborhoods are centered around beautiful golf courses and circular streets.
As an adult community designed for active retirees, there are so many options for things to do! From the recreation centers to the sprawling golf resorts and spas,such as HillCrest Golf Club and Grandview Golf Course. There are a variety of housing options for any budget in these areas. Be sure to explore these locations when you consider buying a home in Sun City West. You can have access to the “Sun City West” lifestyle, without spending all of your savings to buy a home!
Process of Elimination
The hardest part about finding a home to rent in Sun City West is eliminating all of the other attractive homes from your list! Finding the perfect home takes time, but our agents are not ones to sit around a wait for the best Sun City West rental listing to come to you. Rather, our process is simple and aggressive. Each C21 agent is available around the clock to create a list of exactly what your are looking for in your Sun City West rental home. Next, we begin to compile lists of ALL available homes on the market right now (not just the ones that are listed with Century 21 Northwest). Our team arranges viewings around your schedule and always pre-approves the home before you even step foot in it. The elimination process is difficult, especially for homes in Sun City West! The most important thing you, as the renter, need to bring to the table is an idea of what you are looking for and, more importantly, what you are not looking for in your future rental home. Our agents will take it from there!
To see a list of all the listings for renting a home in Sun City West, click here.