Strategy on Selling a Home in El Mirage
If you are selling a home in El Mirage, you are selling a convenient Valley asset. Unlike many other Arizona cities, the home values in El Mirage do not vary as much and the community is very united. Due to the similarity of the homes in the area, the CENTURY 21 team insists that strategy is key when selling a home in El Mirage. Before you begin your custom selling a home strategy, be aware of your city’s statistics.
- About 410 homes were sold in El Mirage so far this year (2014).
- The average home value index is $130,000, with the median list price at $135,000 and the median sale price around $128,000, which is over 7.4% higher than sales last year.
- About 93% of the neighborhoods are filled with single-family homes. The other 7% live in apartments or alternative forms of housing.
- The main kinds of people who live in El Mirage are retirees and single-income families.
- The mortgage rate for the area is about 4% (extremely close to the national average).
- The market value is set to increase by about 3.8% in the next year!
As you are selling a home in El Mirage, be aware that as of June 2014, the housing market in Arizona is leaning towards a Buyer’s Market. What does that mean? There are fewer, lower offers, listing price reductions, and a longer listing time due to a lower demand and higher inventory of homes for sale in El Mirage. However, do not be discouraged! The CENTURY 21 team has noticed that many buyers are upgrading from apartments or condos to homes in the El Mirage area during this time of growth after the market crash a few years ago.
Knowing Your Market
When you are selling a home in El Mirage, your market is wide open and growing year by year. We find that one of the reasons buyers look at El Mirage is the affordability of new homes and family-oriented neighborhoods. Therefore, you want to direct your home towards middle to mid-lower income families and singles. Express the safety of the area and convenient commute times to potential buyers. The value and popularity of El Mirage homes has been increasing for many years as the city expands into the ‘place to be’. As with any city, presentation is everything when selling a home in El Mirage. A good realtor will market your home as desirable based on three main points: age (or renovation), nearness to schools and shopping centers, and wealth of the neighborhood. Even if you do not have children in school, many families are migrating to El Mirage and a great school nearby is always a huge selling point.
Snuggled in the Northwest Valley between Surprise and Peoria, El Mirage is a suburban area. We find that one of the reasons buyers look at El Mirage is the affordability of new homes and close-knit neighborhoods; since 2000, the population has grown over 300%. A big nearby attraction is the Agua Fria River that feeds into the Lake Pleasant White Tanks Mountain Regional Park. Advertise other close activities such as the Challenger Space Center (Peoria) and the Wildlife World Zoo (Surprise). The access to Surprise, Peoria, and Phoenix amenities only increase the value of your home.
Selling a Home in El Mirage
Don’t forget to mention that there are many families with children who live in El Mirage! The growing number of people who build their families here only encourage buyers to settle in and call El Mirage home. CENTURY 21 Northwest agents are standing by to answer any questions! Give us a call today and let’s get started selling your home 623.299.2148!
To see some of the current listings for selling a home in El Mirage, click here.