Strategy on Selling a Home in Fountain Hills
Often thought of as an extension of Scottsdale, the rolling mountains and hidden neighborhoods of Fountain Hills draw many buyers in and has an elite, yet laid-back atmosphere. If you are selling a home in Fountain Hills, you’re in luck: you are sitting on some of the most popular real estate in Arizona. The lots can vary greatly in price, so you must appeal to your market! The CENTURY 21 team insists that strategy is key when selling a home in Fountain Hills. Before you begin your custom selling a home strategy, be aware of your city’s statistics.
- About 565 homes were sold in Fountain Hills so far this year (2014)
- The average home value index is $348,000, with the median list price at $369,900 and the median sale price around $305,000, which is a little higher than sales in the past few years.
- About 58% of the neighborhoods are filled with single families (which, in part, explains the great school systems). The other 42% live in condos and apartments.
- The main kinds of people who live in Fountain Hills are high income families and power singles/couples. However, there are a growing number of families with kids moving to Fountain Hills!
- The mortgage rate for most of Arizona is about 4.4% (extremely close to the national average).
- The commute time is around 20-30 minutes, a little higher than the rest of metro Phoenix.
As you are selling a home in Fountain Hills, be aware that as of June 2014, the housing market in Arizona is leaning towards a Buyer’s Market. What does that mean? There are fewer, lower offers, listing price reductions, and a longer listing time due to a lower demand and higher inventory of homes for sale in Scottsdale. However, do not be discouraged! The CENTURY 21 team has noticed that many buyers are upgrading from apartments or condos to homes in the Fountain Hills area during this time of growth after the market crash a few years ago.
Know Your Market
When you are selling a home in Fountain Hills, your market is more limited than other cities due to listing prices and costs of living. Therefore, you want to direct your home towards mid to high income families or successful singles. In Fountain Hills, the emphasis is on education and beauty. As more families move to the area, the schools have begun to excel in the past few years. The beauty and location of your Fountain Hills home will practically speak for itself, as long as you manicure it a little bit. A good realtor will market your home as desirable based on three main points: age (or renovation), nearness to schools and shopping centers, and wealth of the neighborhood.
We find that two of the reasons why buyers have always looked at Fountain Hills are its views and historic art culture. Why not play that up when advertising your home to potential buyers? Expand past the “famous fountain” (although it is a beauty) to the things that are going to change the lifestyle of your buyers: education, shopping, and nearness to jobs. Additionally, the nearness to resorts and golf courses always encourages buyers to move quickly on nice properties!
Selling a Home in Fountain Hills
Hot-spots in Fountain Hills draw people from all around the Valley. Cultural experiences like the events of Fort McDowell Adventures, nearby Saguaro Lake are some of the many perks of the area! Many people go to Scottsdale for a wild nightlife and club scene, however the unique, ‘Wild West’ restaurants and bars in Fountain Hills are excellent for a fun night out. Need help finding more selling points about your Fountain Hills home? CENTURY 21 Northwest agents are standing by to answer any questions! Give us a call today and let’s get started selling your home! 623.299.2148!
To see some of the current listings for selling a home in Fountain Hills, click here.