Strategy on Selling a Home in Litchfield Park
If you are selling a home in Litchfield Park, you are sitting on a little slice of small town in the giant sprawl that is the Phoenix metropolitan area. Unlike many other Arizona cities, the home values in Litchfield Park vary greatly, depending on lot size, school district, nearness to retail centers, and more. The CENTURY 21 team insists that strategy is key when selling a home in Litchfield Park. Before you begin your custom selling a home strategy, be aware of your city’s statistics.
- About 449 homes were sold in Litchfield Park so far this year (2014)
- The average home value index is $213,000, with the median list price at $264,000 and the median sale price around $198,000, which is over 4% lower than sales in the past few years.
- About 71% of the neighborhoods are filled with single families. The other 29% live in condos and apartments.
- The main kinds of people who live in Litchfield Park are lower to moderate income families who like small towns and new homeowners.
- The mortgage rate for the area is about 4% (extremely close to the national average).
- The market value is set to increase by about 3.8% in the next year!
As you are selling a home in Litchfield Park, be aware that as of June 2014, the housing market in Arizona is leaning towards a Buyer’s Market. What does that mean? There are fewer, lower offers, listing price reductions, and a longer listing time due to a lower demand and higher inventory of homes for sale in Litchfield Park. However, do not be discouraged! The CENTURY 21 team has noticed that many buyers are upgrading from apartments or condos to homes in the Litchfield Park area during this time of growth after the market crash a few years ago.
Know Your Market
When you are selling a home in Litchfield Park, your market is fairly small (but growing year by year). Therefore, you want to direct your home towards families. The value and popularity of Litchfield Park homes has been increasing for many years as the central town expands. As with any city, presentation is everything when selling a home in Litchfield Park. A good realtor will market your home as desirable based on three main points: age (or renovation), nearness to schools and shopping centers, and wealth of the neighborhood. Even if you do not have children in school, many families are migrating to Litchfield Park and a great school nearby is always a huge selling point.
We find that one of the reasons buyers look at Litchfield Park is the affordability of new homes and close-knit, family-oriented neighborhoods. There are several tourist attractions such as the Kiwanis Winter Trout Fishing Derby, Wigwam Festival of Fine Art. and the “Splash Bash”. This is a great place for families with access to several great school districts and homes on large properties!
Snuggled between Avondale and Surprise, Litchfield Park is a suburban town. There are a some great local hotspots to find in the center of town, but nothing like the “Scottsdale night life”. Therefore, your selling points are the nearness to a great education system (both public and private) and the security of the neighborhoods. Don’t forget to mention the The Wigwam Golf Resort and Spa, one of Arizona’s first golf resorts, and the White Tanks and Estrella Mountain Regional Parks! Be sure to include these locations in your home description.
Thinking of Selling a Home in Litchfield Park
CENTURY 21 Northwest agents are standing by to answer any questions! Give us a call today and let’s get started selling your home! 623.299.2148!
To see some of the current listings for selling a home in Litchfield Park, click here.