Strategy on Selling a Home in Mesa
Homes in Mesa generally sell quickly and efficiently, which greatly reflects the movement of this city. Unlike many other Arizona cities, the home values in Mesa vary greatly, depending on size, school district, nearness to retail centers, and more. The C21 team insists that strategy is key when selling a home in Mesa. Before you begin your custom selling a home strategy, be aware of your city’s statistics.
- About 6325 homes were sold in Mesa so far this year (2014).
- The average home value index is $178,000, with the median list price at $209,000 and the median sale price around $185,000, which is almost 2% higher than sales in the past few years.
- About 70% of the neighborhoods are filled with single families. The other 30% live in condos and apartments.
- The main kinds of people who live in Mesa are moderate income families, veterans, and seniors over the age of 60.
- The mortgage rate for the area is about 4% (extremely close to the national average).
- The market value is set to increase by about 3.8% in the next year!
As you are selling a home in Mesa, be aware that as of June 2014, the housing market in Arizona is leaning towards a Buyer’s Market. What does that mean? There are fewer, lower offers, listing price reductions, and a longer listing time due to a lower demand and higher inventory of homes for sale in Mesa. However, do not be discouraged! The C21 team has noticed that many buyers are upgrading from apartments or condos to homes in the Mesa area during this time of growth after the market crash a few years ago.
Know Your Market
When you are selling a home in Mesa, your market is very large (and growing year by year) due to the housing affordability and job opportunities, such as Banner Health Systems and Boeing. Therefore, you want to direct your home towards families. The value and popularity of Mesa homes has been increasing for many years as the southern city expands. As with any city, presentation is everything when selling a home in Mesa. A good realtor will market your home as desirable based on three main points: age (or renovation), nearness to schools and shopping centers, and wealth of the neighborhood. Even if you do not have children in school, many families are migrating to Mesa and a great school nearby is always a huge selling point.
We find that one of the reasons buyers look at Mesa is the affordability of new homes and family-oriented neighborhoods. There are many attractions for the whole family in this large city, from Golfland Sunsplash to the Mesa Arts Center. Snuggled between Tonto National Forest, San Tan Valley, and Tempe, Mesa is mostly a suburban area. There are a some great local hotspots to find in the center of town, but nothing like the “Scottsdale night life”. Therefore, your selling points are the job opportunities, education system (both public and private), and the security of the neighborhoods. Don’t forget to mention the Salt River, which attracts tubers every year, and the Rockin’ R Ranch, as well as the Apache Trail! Be sure to include these locations in your home description.
Thinking of Selling a Home in Mesa
Century 21 Northwest agents are standing by to answer any questions! Give us a call today and let’s get started selling your home! 623.299.2148!
To see some of the current listings for selling a home in Mesa, click here.
- $1,231 : 451 S Hawes Road, Unit 62, Mesa3 beds, 2.50 baths
- $280,000 : 6717 E Sugarloaf Street, Mesa3 beds, 2.00 baths
- $259,900 : 1430 W Keats Avenue, Mesa3 beds, 2.00 baths
- $3,000 : 2110 N Calvin Circle, Mesa5 beds, 4.00 baths
- $325,000 : 2446 S Mulberry --, Mesa3 beds, 2.00 baths
See all Homes for Sale in the city of Mesa.
(all data current as of 3/28/2017)
Listing information deemed reliable but not guaranteed. Read full disclaimer.