Strategy on Selling a Home in Queen Creek
Location, location, location. We may sound like a broken record, but if you are selling a home in Queen Creek, you are sitting on some of the most desirable real estate in Arizona. Unlike many other Arizona cities, the home values in Queen Creek vary greatly, depending on size, school district, nearness to retail centers, and more. The CENTURY 21 team insists that strategy is key when selling a home in Queen Creek. Before you begin your custom selling a home strategy, be aware of your city’s statistics.
- About 647 homes were sold in Queen Creek so far this year (2014).
- The average home value index is $169,000, with the median list price at $200,000 and the median sale price around $174,000, which is over 5% higher than sales in the past few years.
- About 82% of the neighborhoods are filled with single families. The other 18% live in condos and apartments.
- The main kinds of people who live in Queen Creek are moderate income families and new homeowners.
- The mortgage rate for the area is about 4% (extremely close to the national average).
- The market value is set to increase by about 3.8% in the next year!
As you are selling a home in Queen Creek, be aware that as of June 2014, the housing market in Arizona is leaning towards a Buyer’s Market. What does that mean? There are fewer, lower offers, listing price reductions, and a longer listing time due to a lower demand and higher inventory of homes for sale in Queen Creek. However, do not be discouraged! The CENTURY 21 team has noticed that many buyers are upgrading from apartments or condos to homes in the Queen Creek area during this time of growth after the market crash a few years ago.
Know Your Market
When you are selling a home in Queen Creek, your market is very large (and growing year by year). Therefore, you want to direct your home towards families. The value and popularity of Queen Creek homes has been increasing for many years as the southern city expands into the ‘place to be’. As with any city, presentation is everything when selling a home in Queen Creek. A good realtor will market your home as desirable based on three main points: age (or renovation), nearness to schools and shopping centers, and wealth of the neighborhood. Even if you do not have children in school, many families are migrating to Queen Creek and a great school nearby is always a huge selling point.
We find that one of the reasons buyers look at Queen Creek is the affordability of new homes and close-knit, family-oriented neighborhoods. There are many sustainable agricultural places to visit and eat in the nearby area, such as Schnepf Farms, Superstition Farm, and the Queen Creek Olive Mill (which draws in people from all over metro Phoenix).
Selling a Home in Queen Creek
Snuggled between Chandler and the San Tan Valley, Queen Creek is mostly a suburban area. There are a some great local hotspots to find in the center of town, but nothing like the “Scottsdale night life”. Therefore, your selling points are the fantastic education system (both public and private) and the security of the neighborhoods. Don’t forget to mention the Las Colinas Golf Club and the Trilogy Golf Club at Power Ranch as well as the San Tan Mountain Regional Park! Be sure to include these locations in your home description. CENTURY 21 Northwest agents are standing by to answer any questions! Give us a call today and let’s get started selling your home! 623.299.2148!
To see some of the current listings for selling a home in Queen Creek, click here.