Strategy on Selling a Home in Scottsdale
Location, location, location. We may sound like a broken record, but if you are selling a home in , you are sitting on some of the most desirable real estate in Arizona. Unlike many other Arizona cities, the home values in Scottsdale vary greatly, depending on size, school district, nearness to retail centers, and more. The CENTURY 21 team insists that strategy is key when selling a home in Scottsdale. Before you begin your custom selling a home strategy, be aware of your city’s statistics.
- About 440 homes were sold in Scottsdale so far this year (2014).
- The average home value index is $381,000, with the median list price at $515k and the median sale price around $389k, which is higher than sales in the past few years.
- About 60% of the neighborhoods are filled with single families (which, in part, explains the great school systems). The other 40% live in condos and apartments.
- The main kinds of people who live in Scottsdale are high income families and power singles/couples.
- The mortgage rate for the area is about 4% (extremely close to the national average).
- A home’s average days on the market so far for 2014 is 106 days.
As you are selling a home in Scottsdale, be aware that as of June 2014, the housing market in Arizona is leaning towards a Buyer’s Market. What does that mean? There are fewer, lower offers, listing price reductions, and a longer listing time due to a lower demand and higher inventory of homes for sale in Scottsdale. However, do not be discouraged! The CENTURY 21 team has noticed that many buyers are upgrading from apartments or condos to homes in the Scottsdale area during this time of growth after the market crash a few years ago.
When you are selling a home in Scottsdale, your market is more limited than other cities due to listing prices and costs of living. Therefore, you want to direct your home towards mid to high income families or successful singles. Presentation is everything. A good realtor will market your home as desirable based on three main points: age (or renovation), nearness to schools and shopping centers, and wealth of the neighborhood. Even if you do not have children in school, many families are migrating to Scottsdale and a is always a huge selling point.
We find that one of the reasons buyers look at Scottsdale is its growing urban life and luxury homes. Many great shopping centers with city-like design like , and the draw in buyers. Additionally, the nearness to resorts and golf courses always encourages buyers to move quickly on nice properties!
Selling a Home in Scottsdale AZ
Hot-spots in Scottsdale draw people from all around the Valley. Cultural experiences like the events of the and call the city home. The nightlife erupts in the club scene of Old Town Scottsdale and the unique, ‘Wild West’ bars in the North Scottsdale area. Be sure to include these locations in your home description. CENTURY 21 Northwest agents are standing by to answer any questions! Give us a call today and let’s get started selling your home! !