Being a real estate agent is hard yet fulfilling work.
Between following up with leads, meeting with clients, drafting up contracts, and marketing your listings, you have a lot of tasks on your plate.
Fortunately, with the emergence of new technology, managing these tasks is becoming easier and easier.
There are loads of real estate agent tools, software, and apps available to help you keep your daily to-do list in check. Even better, there are tools to help you generate leads, organize your contacts, and even automate your marketing.
Here, we’re listing the absolute essential real estate tools you need to grow your business, plus some bonus apps to help you do your job even better.
Table of Contents:
- Why Use Real Estate Agent Tools?
- 40 Smart Real Estate Tools and Software for Agents
- Customer Relationship Management Tools
- Website Marketing Tools
- Search Engine Optimization Tools
- Video Marketing Tools
- Social Media Marketing Tools
- Email Marketing Tools
- Paid Advertising Tools
- Lead Generation Tools
- Time-Saving Online Marketing Tools for Realtors
- Real Estate Agent Tools Overview
Why Use Real Estate Agent Tools?
Gone are the days of having to go door-to-door to find potential buyers and sellers. And your marketing strategy no longer needs to be limited to newspaper ads or billboards. There’s a whole new world of possibilities online. That’s where real estate agent tools come in.
These tools use the power of technology and the internet to help you run your real estate business like a well-oiled machine. You’ll find that there’s a real estate tool for nearly every task; from generating leads to follow up after the sale.
Real estate agent tools help you:
- Generate leads for your business without manual outreach
- Organize your leads’ and clients’ contact information
- Advertise your listings across multiple platforms
- Automate your social media posts
- Attract prospects via pay-per-click ads
- Drive traffic to your website on autopilot
- Launch fully automated email marketing campaigns
- Follow up with clients with the click of a button
These are just a few of the many uses of real estate marketing tools, software, and apps. And with all of the online marketing tools for real estate professionals out there, you can completely automate your marketing to start attracting leads to you.
Need help jumpstarting your real estate career?
LEARN MORE about our Agent Mentoring Program
40 Smart Real Estate Tools and Software for Agents
There are tons of real estate agent tools out there, covering everything from client management to social media marketing to lead generation.
Below, we’ve outlined some of the most essential tools for real estate agents, organizing them by category so you can find the best tools for your needs.
Customer Relationship Management Tools
Customer Relationship Management (CRM) refers to the process of collecting and organizing customers (or client) information within a single platform or tool. Therefore, CRM tools help realtors keep their contacts’ information organized and readily accessible, when and where they need it.
If you’re looking for an affordable CRM for realtors, look no further than these tools below:
Zoho is an affordable CRM tool that “helps you sell smarter, better, faster”. Their multichannel sales CRM allows you to reach prospects via live chat, email, telephone, and social media, capturing their information and making follow-up simple.
You can even segment your contact lists based on their interests, set priority, track opens on documents you send their way, and monitor where they are at in your sales pipeline.
“Boost your close rate by up to 28%” with Pipedrive – another multichannel CRM. Their tool boasts simplicity, allowing you to enter, organize, and access your contacts’ information with ease.
Their helpful lead gen tools also allow you to collect information via convenient chatbots and web forms on your website. You can automate follow up, helping you close the client faster. It even syncs with your existing calendar and email accounts.
Salesforce is a highly popular choice and is regarded as one of the “best CRM software to grow your business”. You’ll spend far less time sorting through file cabinets and spreadsheets, as all the information you need will be in a single easy-to-use dashboard.
They have the same features as Zoho and Pipedrive, but so much more. You can even create a customized “client journey” to monitor where they are at in your sales pipeline. Give every prospect a personalized experience, increasing your chances of closing them as a client while saving you tons of time compared to manual follow-up.
Website Marketing Tools
As a real estate agent, your #1 tool is your website. Consider it as your “virtual business card” that tells prospects about you, your approach to real estate, where to find your listings, and much more.
But your website doesn’t just sit there looking pretty. It’s a powerful tool for generating traffic and leads for your business. That’s why it’s important to have a sleek, professional, and functional website to help you put your best foot forward.
Where can a real estate agent get the best website? On WordPress!
While there are many website builders out there (like Wix and Squarespace), WordPress is no doubt the best when it comes to turning your website into an effective marketing tool. You get many more opportunities to attract traffic, convert traffic into leads, integrate helpful tools like live chatbots, and much more.
You can create a free website using a pre-made WordPress template or hire a professional website developer to create a custom design. Once live, you can add professional photos, advertise your listings, publish blog posts, and attract traffic from a variety of platforms.
You can then use tools like zipForms to generate real estate leads directly through your website by collecting visitor data on-the-go.
Want to attract more traffic to your Multiple Listing Service (MLS) properties? Then using an IDX WordPress plugin is your best bet.
IDX stands for “Internet Data Exchange” and is a website-enabled search tool that allows people to search for your MLS properties on your website.
After their property search, users can see all of your listings that are on the MLS. It gives users the opportunity to start their home search on your website, giving you a competitive edge.
Best IDX Plugins
What is the best IDX search plugin for WordPress? This depends on the specific features you are looking for. However, here are some worth looking into:
Plus, WordPress lists a variety of IDX plugin options in their plugin gallery. Most are free and easy to set up on your own.
Search Engine Optimization Tools
Search Engine Optimization (SEO) is a type of internet marketing that involves attracting traffic to your business via search engines – namely, Google. Real estate SEO, then, is a way to attract potential buyers and sellers to your real estate business website.
Real Estate SEO Tools
Real estate SEO first starts with finding keywords – the terms people are searching for in order to find real estate agents, listings, and other related services.
For example, someone may be searching for “real estate agent in Tuscan”, and if that term applies to you, you’ll want to optimize your site for this keyword so Google shows your website to these users.
You can use these real estate SEO tools to find keywords, see how much traffic they get, and determine how competitive they are:
Once you select the best keywords for your website, you can add them to your website content naturally. This will indicate to Google and users what your website is about. It will also help users find your listings if they are relevant to your search.
Writing blog posts for your real estate website is one of the best ways to attract search engine traffic to your site. Your blog posts are another opportunity for you to use your selected keywords and attract people who are searching for those terms.
You can use these blogging tools to help you find blog post ideas, optimize your posts for SEO, and attract high-quality backlinks to your site:
Hyper-Local Real Estate Strategy
Local SEO is a particularly helpful marketing tool for real estate agents. That’s because people typically search within a specified local area when they are searching for a home or agent. You’ll want to create a hyper-local real estate strategy to get noticed by these people.
This involves using geo-specific keywords on your website, like “seattle real estate agent”, “denver homes for sale”, or “commercial real estate columbus”. As before, you’ll incorporate these keywords into your website and local listings in order to attract organic traffic.
Use these local SEO tools to drive more traffic to your business:
- Google My Business – Free online listing to drive users to your real estate website or call you directly
- Google Search Console – Analytics tool that shows you where your traffic is coming from, what keywords people are using to find you, and how much traffic you're getting
- Google Analytics – Essential analytics tool that allows you to track traffic, website clicks, and more
These tools will help you create and implement your own hyper-local real estate marketing strategy in order to bring in buyers and sellers in your area.
3. Video Marketing Tools
Video is one of the best online marketing tools for real estate agents because it allows you to put a human face to your business. Buyers and sellers want to work with someone they can trust. Video helps you build that more personal connection.
The best real estate video marketing tools allow you to record professional videos and market them across a variety of platforms. With them, you are able to drive more traffic to your website, generate leads via social media, and market yourself to a wider audience.
Some of these essential video marketing tools include:
- YouTube – Record videos with your computer or smartphone, post them online, and generate traffic with YouTube’s built-in SEO capabilities
- Facebook Live – Share a live video to your Facebook audience and market yourself, talk about your latest listings, and offer buying and selling tips
- Instagram Live – Reach a niche audience on Instagram by sharing live videos, interviews, and tutorials
It’s no secret that social media can be a powerful real estate agent tool. With billions of users online, you can’t afford NOT to have a social media presence.
Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, LinkedIn, and Twitter are the most popular social media platforms out there. Your success on each one will be dependent on you creating an effective social media marketing strategy.
Use these social media marketing tools to automate posts, grow your following, and otherwise make managing your accounts even easier:
- Hootsuite – Social media marketing and management software that allows you to completely automate your social media posts
- Buffer – Helps you build your audience and reach more users with your social media posts
- MeetEdgar – Add blog posts to your “queue” and schedule them to be posted across multiple social media channels
- Bitly – Customize your shared links by making them shorter, increasing clicks; you can also track clicks and traffic through your link dashboard
- Influential – Build your audience and increase awareness of your real estate brand with influencer marketing
5. Email Marketing Tools
Once you add potential clients to your CRM, you’ll want to follow up with them to increase your chances of closing them as a client. With email marketing, you can “warm up” your leads, notify them of new listings, share open house event information, and more.
Use these email marketing tools to follow up with your real estate leads and email list with ease:
- MailChimp – Segment your list and create custom, automated campaigns to get more clients from your email list
- ConvertKit – Notify your email list of new listings, events, open houses, and more with custom email campaigns and promotions
- BombBomb – Add engaging videos to your email campaigns to help you stand out in a crowded inbox
- GetResponse – Automate your email marketing with software that emails your list and advertises promotions for you
6. Paid Advertising Tools
Want to get real estate lead quickly and have some budget to spend? If so, you’ll want to look into paid advertising tools.
Pay-per-click advertising allows you to advertise your business and only pay per every click on your ad. This can be quite affordable or more expensive, depending on how competitive your market is. However, the big payoff is that you get leads faster than you would with SEO or social media.
Try these paid advertising tools to start getting leads, fast:
- Google Ads – Google’s paid advertising platform that allows you to generate traffic and leads via Google search
- Facebook Ads – Attract traffic and leads via paid ads on Facebook
- Instagram Ads – Get leads while you scroll with paid Instagram ads
- Leadpages – Turn clicks into customers with ready-made landing pages, web pages, and pop-ups
With paid ads, you can turn your marketing budget into tangible real estate leads within a day.
7. Lead Generation Tools
If generating leads for your real estate business is becoming a chore, then it may be time to consider hiring a lead gen service or employing some helpful lead generation tools.
These tools will help you attract potential buyers and sellers via social media, cold outreach, LinkedIn, 3rd-party websites, and more. The best part is, you will hardly have to lift a finger.
Best real estate lead generation tools and software for agents:
- BoldLeads – Great source of real estate buyer and seller leads by service area
- Zillow Premier Agent – Submit new listings and use the high-traffic power of Zillow to generate leads for your business
- REDX – Real estate prospecting platform to help you find, organize, and follow up with leads
- ListSource – Top provider of real estate mailing lists; generates prospect lists, homeowner lists, and direct marketing lists for you
See Section 5: Real Estate Leads for more tips on how to use real estate agent tools to generate leads for your business.
BONUS: Time-Saving Online Marketing Tools for Realtors
Want to speed up your prospecting, marketing, and client management efforts? If so, you’ll be pleased to know that there are many more time-saving real estate tools available.
Use the best real estate online marketing tools above to get your real estate business up and running; use these helpful apps to save time, money, and energy in all areas of your business.
What are the best apps for real estate agents? Check out our highly-recommended apps:
- Zumper Pro – Post listings and find home buyers online
- AreaPulse – Generate detailed market reports for your clients
- Zapier – Automate your tasks and workflow; sent notifications straight to your favorite devices
- Calendly – Allow clients to book meetings through your calendar in seconds
- HubSpot – Marketing, sales, and service software to help you follow up with leads, faster
- Spacio – Paperless open house advertising app for real estate agents
- Slack – Boost team communication with an easy-to-use messaging app
- KeyMe – Copy keys and leave lockboxes for potential buyers
- Grasshopper – Virtual telephone system to track calls and organize contact information
- Homesnap Pro – Post your MLS listings to find more buyers in your area
- Rently – Keyless buyer and renter automation
- Zurple – Lead generation and tracking software for agents
- Brokerkit (for brokers) – Brokerage scaling tool to help you recruit more agents
Real Estate Agent Tools Overview
Being a real estate agent doesn’t have to be a tedious and tiring business. With the right tools on-hand, you can make managing your daily tasks simple.
Our list of recommended real estate agent tools is here to help you market yourself more effectively, generate more traffic to your website, generate leads, follow up with prospects, and manage your client meetings with ease. Use some or all of these tools to make your job as an agent easier and stress-free.
Table of Contents:
Chapter 5: How To Generate Realtor Leads Like A Pro!
Need help jumpstarting your real estate career?
LEARN MORE about our Agent Mentoring Program